Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Somebody said, “great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” Even before I’d heard that expression, I was always a little ashamed of my interest in people.

What many tend to dismiss as ‘gossip’ or unsophisticated navel-gazing has been instrumental in me coming to understand anything about the world. I actually don’t enjoy tearing particular people up, or having dirt on others. I don’t want to give a bad feeling to anybody... unless it's good for them. Talking about people and using them to learn and discerning right from wrong in every day situations through dialogue with a third party is only good sense.

I used to think I was a gossip. As it turns out, I don’t care who you are. I want to hear your problems, your complaints about (unidentified) people, and what you're having trouble deciding about. Then I want you to listen to what I have to say about it.

Write me at ugh.what@gmail.com, or leave an anonymous comment on any post. I be screenin' u.

1 comment:

  1. good advice is hard to find, y'know. glad you're doing this!

    --dilligaf

    ReplyDelete